ScaffoldBuilders

Stay Up, Stay Safe, Stay Connected

Use this thread for questions and answers about designing scaffold and shoring. If I don't know the answer, which there is a very good possibility of this, I sure know a lot of people to ask. If you know an answer to a question please feel free to post it. If you cannot provide proof of an answer please don't post it without researching it first. Post and read responses responsibly!

JW.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boiler Hoists

We are looking for rack and pinion boiler hoists. Something faster and more capacity than the Beta Max track hoists. I looked at the Beta Max Climber 1000 version and cannot find anything else comparable. Anyone else using a good rack and pinion hoist? Looking for who makes it. Thanks.
We are trying a new unit out this outage by GEDA. You get about 100 ft per min. But it's got a price tag. No real info to post on it yet other than it looks foot on our tests in the yard. I'll post more when I have boiler experience with it. Hope this helps. 

Justin Anderson said:
Boiler Hoists We are looking for rack and pinion boiler hoists. Something faster and more capacity than the Beta Max track hoists. I looked at the Beta Max Climber 1000 version and cannot find anything else comparable. Anyone else using a good rack and pinion hoist? Looking for who makes it. Thanks.
Sorry " looks good"

Jason Boyd said:
We are trying a new unit out this outage by GEDA. You get about 100 ft per min. But it's got a price tag. No real info to post on it yet other than it looks foot on our tests in the yard. I'll post more when I have boiler experience with it. Hope this helps. 

Justin Anderson said:
Boiler Hoists We are looking for rack and pinion boiler hoists. Something faster and more capacity than the Beta Max track hoists. I looked at the Beta Max Climber 1000 version and cannot find anything else comparable. Anyone else using a good rack and pinion hoist? Looking for who makes it. Thanks.

Jason,

How did the hoists work out? I am very curious about this. Please let me know when you have a minute. Thanks,

Cheers,

JW

Jason Boyd said:

We are trying a new unit out this outage by GEDA. You get about 100 ft per min. But it's got a price tag. No real info to post on it yet other than it looks foot on our tests in the yard. I'll post more when I have boiler experience with it. Hope this helps. 

Justin Anderson said:
Boiler Hoists We are looking for rack and pinion boiler hoists. Something faster and more capacity than the Beta Max track hoists. I looked at the Beta Max Climber 1000 version and cannot find anything else comparable. Anyone else using a good rack and pinion hoist? Looking for who makes it. Thanks.

Justin,

We start the boiler in the morning.  I wont really have any feedback until the middle or end of the week.  Feel free to give me a call to discuss it towards the end of the week.  904-237-6088 cell.  

Will do thanks Jason.

We have found that in our market (Detroit).Nothing beats a good "boiler line".Not to mention the fact that,most companies charge the client the same for the e&d of the boiler scaffold.Regardless of which method they use.I wiould rather see the men make the money.

How did it go? How did the hoist work? Please let me know. 

Jason Boyd said:

Justin,

We start the boiler in the morning.  I wont really have any feedback until the middle or end of the week.  Feel free to give me a call to discuss it towards the end of the week.  904-237-6088 cell.  

In all the boilers I have built we always used 3 beta max hoist. It has gone practically flawless. The key is to have at least one at top with material being unloaded, one on the way up and the third being loaded on the ground. We always have two labors on the offload deck and at least two more with the rest of us who are building. You don't have to always have the offload deck at your building elevation. You can have one or both of the laborers in a line to pass up if needed. Works well most of the time and plan to run your track up right before breaks or lunch.(also a good time to toe board) This seems to cut down a lot on man power if material can be staged near the base of the beta track. Of course if the boiler is not that huge than just a manline is the answer imo. Thats my two cents............

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Justin T. Wittwer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service