ScaffoldBuilders

Stay Up, Stay Safe, Stay Connected

Who came up with the name "pans" for steel plank> What are we, cooks?

Views: 1532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also love the british nickname for a wrench - "Spanner" They make everything sound cool.
beats me pal who came up with Al1s
Got a new one for ya..."Chicken Leg" for a swing gate adapter which is a lot like a clamp on coupling pin..."chicken leg"...I see a pattern developing here..."pans""chicken legs"... seem a little food driven to anyone else?
Yes the "pans" one annoys the shit out of me. Kind of like "kickouts" instead of kneeouts". Something I heard boilermakers and pipefitters use for kneeouts out here in Hastings.
How about "chicken heads" for All-around to Tube adapters or "Dog bone" for a .65 ledger?
nice.
absurd & often dirty nicknames make the job a little more fun on a crapy day if you ask me. like how almost everyone ive met has a 'peace-maker' but that is different in many crews :) and heres a good one....not a nickname persay but...anyone familiar w/ the hand signal for a 13ft tube? :) lol
yes but do you know the hand signal for a 4' tube?

Magdalena Koops said:
absurd & often dirty nicknames make the job a little more fun on a crapy day if you ask me. like how almost everyone ive met has a 'peace-maker' but that is different in many crews :) and heres a good one....not a nickname persay but...anyone familiar w/ the hand signal for a 13ft tube? :) lol
Wanna have some fun... Get a bunch of scaffold builder together in a Denny's on Sunday morning and start talking about scaffold parts. Then look around at the expression in the church ladies face when someone start talkin about ''Double dicks and the 6' hores'' LOL its hilarious!!!!
yes a 13' tube is the middle finger

About 11 years ago I remember I had a day labor refer to a side bracket as a "bicycle frame".

Also the boiler makers are always asking if we can put some more "Angel Wings" in the lanes.

And I hate the word "bucks"... Well it's about 4 bucks high.

We have the "chicken legs" also and that's what they are calling them.

Now what's really offensive are some of the nicknames the guys have for each other... Can't say any of them here. ;-)

I agree with the "buck" thing.... don't know where that one came from but it is also not a favorite of mine.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Justin T. Wittwer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service